Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Donate To Help Frances Fox - And Receive a Treat

Frances Fox is a weaver, an instructor and lecturer at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and a beloved resident of Gatlinburg.

Recently, her home and all of her possessions were burned in the fires that began in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Frances's granddaughter, Taylor Boston, has started a gofundme campaign to help her begin to recover from the disaster. Here's the treat:

If you make a donation to the gofundme campaign for Frances here:  https://www.gofundme.com/frances-fox-shambaugh I will send you a piece of my handmade chainmaille jewelry. There are no catches, no tricks, no extra payments. This event is open until all of the pieces displayed below have been mailed or until the campaign has been closed. Here's how to do it, step by step:

1. Choose the piece you want from the photographs below.
2. Click on the link above and make a donation for Frances.
3. Send me an email at slkunze@gmail.com saying that you have contributed and include the letter of the piece you want and your mailing address. You can also private message me on my Facebook page at Susan Lower Kunze  https://www.facebook.com/susan.l.kunze.5

That's it. I will do my best to keep this page updated so that only available items remain. If your item has been taken, I'll let you know and you can make another choice. I will mail jewelry in batches daily until all pieces claimed have been sent.

My chainmaille jewelry starts with aluminum welding wire - alloy 5356, to be precise - and I first wind the wire into rings. Each design is constructed from those rings a little differently, tumbled to a high shine and clasps are added; I use either silver-plated or pewter toggles or I make S-hook clasps myself. My earring findings are either sterling wire French hooks that I make or silver-plated leverbacks. The aluminum will stay shiny for a long time and will eventually develop a slight patina. The beads that I use are either Japanese or Czech; I purchase all beads and findings from small businesses that sell high quality merchandise.

The measurements on the bracelets below are the measurements of a wrist or forearm that the individual piece fits when the clasp is fastened. I regret that I cannot alter any of the pieces that I am offering.




Chainmaille Bracelets and Necklace






Earrings

SOLD: MM
Flat Beadwoven Cuffs


Beaded Chainmaille Bracelets



Thank you for taking the time to look and consider a donation to a lovely woman!







No comments:

Post a Comment